Andover & Essex County Estate Lawyer
Looking for the Right Massachusetts Estate Attorney For Estate Planning or Probate (Estate Administration) to Lift the Stress of a Complex and Intimidating Process and Have It Done Properly?
As we grow older and pass through the different stages of life, we face new challenges. Estate and elder law issues can create difficulties and confusion if you don’t have the proper guidance.
For Detailed Information on Each Specific Situation Click on the Link Below
Why Choose The Law Offices of Kimberly Butler Rainen?
- Confidential Case Assessment – On your phone assessment, we will listen to you and help you determine your next steps.
- Focused Legal Practice – Our firm has always concentrated on wills, estate planning, elder law, asset protection, long-term care plans, and closely related areas.
- No Hidden Fees – Know the costs before starting (in most situations).
- Experienced – In our 8 years in business, we’ve helped hundreds of families protect their legacy and plan for their future.
- Custom Plans and Solutions – You and your family are unique. That’s why we don’t use fill-in-the-blank form documents. Your plan is YOUR Plan. Together we create plans that best fulfill your dreams and goals.
- Highly Responsive – We strive for “freaky fast” returned client calls. No going dark or waiting days to hear back.
- Proactive Approach – We help clients prevent legal problems and mistakes before they happen.
- Client Education Focused – You’ll get a clear & concise understanding of each step in the process. We offer monthly free seminars to all interested in attending.
- Trusted – National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and The Academy of Special Needs Planners Member.
- We’re Here For You Afterwards – After creating your plan, we periodically check in with you and keep you informed and can meet to review changes in your assets, situation, or wishes.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – Super Lawyers.com Rising Star, Excellent rating by respected legal website Avvo, 5.0 review rating on Google. See some of our client reviews below.
Ask a Question
Describe your situation Or
Request a Consultation
We respect your privacy. The information you provide will be used to answer your question or to schedule an appointment if requested.
Why Clients Hire Us for Estate Planning
Why Clients Hire Us for Probate (Estate Administration)
If You Don’t Know the Laws or Paperwork
Probate laws, and the forms used, are written in a detailed and hard-to-understand language. Many things in probate are not intuitive, and also they must be achieved in a particular order. Failure to properly and timely accomplish tasks could cause you to be liable personally, or at a minimum, cause delays.
To Avoid or Minimize Family Disputes
Family members may simply disagree on how to handle inherited property. When a lawyer is involved, these issues are often minimized or avoided altogether.
As your attorney, we help protect the executor from personal liability for paying the debts and taxes of the deceased.
Allows You to Focus on Your Family and Job
If you have little free time, getting help from a law firm saves you time.
Reduce Your Stress
Why guess or hope you are not doing things incorrectly? We know the process, and we often carry the burden, so you do not have to worry throughout the process.
Your Reputation Can Be at Stake
If you were named the executor, you have a duty to act in the best interest of the estate and heirs. If you fail in your duty, don’t pay taxes when due, or fail to keep heirs informed, you can be liable personally. An attorney ensures you do things properly.
Savings and Speed
Minimizes court supervision of the executor and saves money by reducing or eliminating amounts the deceased owes creditors. Expedites sale of real and personal property and saves legal fees for the court to confirm the sale. It is not uncommon that the investment in a probate attorney more than pays for itself, and the estate ends up, actually having more money than it otherwise would have.
When Estate Assets are Complicated
Certain assets such as real estate, art, or a business can create complications or additional steps like obtaining appraisals, protecting, and insuring the asset. We have handled many of these situations in the past to help maximize what the heirs received.
Client Reviews – The Law Offices Of Kimberly Butler Rainen
Actual Words Clients Have Used To Describe Us & Their Experience:
“intelligent, thoughtful and professional”, “the respect with which everything was handled was what truly stood out”, “Kind, knowledgeable, and made us feel so comfortable with huge life decisions”, “treated me as a friend, making an unpleasant situation bearable”, “took care of all issues surrounding probate and settling of the estate”, “always available to answer questions and she took the time to give thoughtful, thorough explanations “so patient and professional throughout the process”, “was patient and translated all of the legal terms and jargon so we could all understand it, “Working with Kim on our estate planning was so much easier than I could have imagined”, “I would recommend The Law Offices of Kimberly Butler Rainen to anyone without hesitation.”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
Services we also provide:
- Elder Law
- Special Needs Planning
- Wealth Preservation
- Estate Planning
- Medicaid Asset Protection Trusts (MAPT)
- Dynastic Planning
- Business Sales & Pass Business On To Children
- Succession / Probate
- Long Term Care Planning / Assistance
- Healthcare Planning
- And More
We help families within or near the Andover area and outside of Massachusetts when they need to handle issues or an estate for a family member within the state.
Locally, clients come to us from Andover, Lowell, Haverhill, Dracut, Tewksbury, North Reading, Boxford, Wilmington, Reading, Chelmsford, and all of Essex and Middlesex Counties.